The Green Stage (Zelena Stsena) festival is in the Festival, Film, Folklore and folk arts, Literature, Music, Photography/Video, category. Information about Green Stage (Zelena Stsena) is given below. Please send us the places you think are missing from the contact form.
The Green Stage is a multichannel cultural and social project which exists from 2011. The idea of the project is to establish an independent creative environment in the center of Chernihiv city.
Every year during five warm months from May to August in the very center of Chernihiv Green Stage presents musicians, artists, actors, photographers, poets and hand-made masters to the city citizens and guests. The Green Stage is a unique project which does not have any analogues in Ukraine. This project was established by the initiative group of citizens as the counterbalance to uninteresting and routine cultural events organized by the local authorities. Most of all, it looks like an open air festival in the center of the city with free access of all interested persons. The Green Stage is a place for the cultural contacts establishment, ideas exchange, and inspiration, the place where anyone can freely present oneself, and realize any creative plans.
From 2011 to 2017 the Green Stage was held every Friday from May to August with nearly 15 one-day festivals per year. Since last year the project changed its format and now we are organizing 5 Green Stage big festivals once a month from May to September. Each Green Stage festival planned for 2019 includes several permanent festival venues.
1. Musical stage:
– music bands performances in jazz, indie, folk, acoustic rock and alternative in acoustic or semi-acoustic sound;
– it is planned that 20 music bands will perform during five Green Stage projects in 2019;
– nearly 120 music bands from many cities of Ukraine, France, Belarus’, Canada, Latvia and Moldova were performing during 8 seasons of the project;
– during past seasons we have held several thematic events together with the European cultural centers and creative initiatives from other cities of Ukraine.
2. Literary venue:
– performance and open readings of the modern Ukrainian writers;
– young authors also have chance to present their works;
– it is planned that 10 writers will have performances during five Green Stage projects in 2019.
3. Exhibition space:
– exhibitions of painting, graphics, photographs;
– it is planned that 5 exhibitions of painting or photographs will be held during five Green Stage projects in 2019;
– 100 exhibition projects of local and invited artists were held during the time of festival existence.
4. Discussion club:
– master classes, workshops, lectures and discussions of socially important topics;
– guests and speakers are interesting companions from different areas: culture, public activity, fashion, gastronomy, history, psychology;
– it is planned to organize 5 discussion clubs during five Green Stage projects in 2019.
5. Venue for children:
– interactive games and entertainment for children
– children’s master classes on molding, weaving, drawing, etc.
– it is planned to organize 5 open playgrounds for the development of children during five Green Stage projects in 2019.
6. Open movie screenings:
– open air movie screening for all interested;
– cooperation with the Ukrainian and international festivals and cultural centers: Olexander Dovzhenko National Center, Festival of Film and Urbanism “86”, International Documental Film Festival On Human Rights «Docudays UA»;
– it is planned to organize 5 night movie screenings during five Green Stage projects in 2019.
7. Flea market:
– products of hand-made masters;
– vinyl records, СDs, music souvenirs and accessories.